Sunday, April 18, 2010

Extra classes,alchemy...and more

Hi!Now there’s just one more day left for school to begin again-today!Tomorrow,our extra classes will commence.I’m happy because I’ll be meeting my friends after quite a long time and I’m sad because I won’t get to read all the books I was planning to at a stretch.But I’m excited because I’m going to school after a long time.

Talking about books,I just finished reading ‘The Alchemist’,by Paulo Coelho.It’s about following your dream (a magical fable about following your dream)and has a theme similar to ‘The Secret’.The only difference is that the secret is a non-fiction book,more like a guide ,telling you how you can actually use the secret by ways like the power of visualisation,power of gratitude,the ask,believe,receive processes e.t.c.

But the alchemist is a story of a young shepherd boy,in the quest of a treasure.He meets many different people and goes through lots of situations,in order to fulfill his dream.It is an adventure story filled with magic and wisdom.The main theme is-If you want something with all your heart,the whole universe conspires to get it to you.The Alchemist is the kind of book which you don't want to leave once you start reading it.

On the whole,’The Alchemist’is a very inspiring story and worth-reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment