Friday, June 12, 2009

GONE IS THE EXCITEMENT!!!

GONE IS THE EXCITEMENT!!!!
Hi guys! Now, my school’s reopening on 15th June and am gonna go to Grade 7.But, I just don’t feel that way. Well, there are… not many but some reasons for this.

First of all, because of the IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) board I joined last year, our books come from UK, so the school will supply us with our textbooks when it reopens.

So the point is, all the post-school euphoria seems to have vanished into thin air. You know, it’s really exciting to just walk into the bookshop and see the textbooks from which we are supposed to study the following year. And then the joy of just skimming through those textbooks before the school actually reopens.

And then there’s one more thing. We use files, not notebooks, so then a trip to the respective bookshop isn’t needed for that too. Then there’s this exciting thing about which sticker to put on which book. Last year, all my books had Spiderman on them and last to last year it was Pokemon.

Anyways, I hope that as a result of all that I just wrote, I don’t sound like I’m very sad or something! It’s just that I am missing all this a bit.

Well, all this may sound childish but I think that if we want to be happy in life, then our joy lies in small things like these. Because if you start expecting play stations and things like that everyday, you’re never ever gonna get happy!
-Lairai Karnik
S.M. Shetty International School

No comments:

Post a Comment